• Performs program support responsibilities that require general procedural knowledge of Social Services programs offered to citizens.
• Prepares and issues Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) vault cards in a timely manner; reviews activity reports related to non-received EBT cards; reviews and maintains internal action forms; manages EBT card inventory; prepares associated monthly reports.
• Answers main telephone number; communicates with citizens; schedules appointments; directs inquiries to proper source; answers questions within context of policies and procedures with contact sometimes of a difficult nature; encourages citizens to apply on-line for benefits; makes referrals to other County service providers based on request; assists citizens with Workforce Development computer process.
• Reviews documentation to ensure proper completion of paperwork necessary for application or renewal of benefit programs.
• Serves as records management assistant; tracks and monitors closed records; identifies records to be purged; completes regular purges; scan open and closed case records and administrative files for upload to Virginia Case Management System and/or County records management site as needed.
• Scans documents into different share drives and databases.
• Serves as purchasing clerk; oversees supply room; reserves meeting space for staff and citizens.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some experience in general clerical work.
• Must possess, or be able to obtain within 30 days of hire, a valid Virginia driver’s license and have an acceptable driving record based on James City County’s criteria.
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, equipment and clerical techniques; principles and processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Skill in the use of computer software, especially Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to maintain moderately complex records and ensure their confidentiality; follow verbal and written instructions; work under pressure and meet deadlines; resolve problems and complaints and deal with irate customers effectively; understand and interpret policies and procedures.