Admin Services Coordinator
• Assist public and applicants with questions; provide information on departmental policies and procedures, programs, or services provided.
• Conduct research and complete data for administrative and public reports, bulletins, questionnaires, and other documents; perform directed analysis; draft specific sections of statistical reports and verifies data; monthly reports, inactive permits, expired temporary certificates of occupancy, and workload indicators.
• Develop and administer operating records, coordinate activities with other sections within division and outside agencies and departments, as appropriate.
• Organize and maintain staff correspondence files, and other division files related to violations, certifications, and confidential staff information; compile minutes, staff reports, proffers, and attachments for distribution to Planning Commission, Board of Supervisors, and other county officials.
• Plan and organize office workflow activities to meet unit objectives in a timely, efficient manner; evaluate and modify work procedures and methods to ensure quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of operations.
• Maintain the division’s electronic database software sharepoint site; test proposed changes to the software; attend business process improvement meetings; serve as point of contact for customers having issues with software; create user guides as necessary.
• Assist staff with technical issues related to software; manage division’s workload indicator reports; and, manage close out of permit and plan files.
• Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma; some college coursework in planning, public administration, applied computer science, business or related field preferred; considerable experience in responsible office and/or public service work experience.
• Knowledge processes for providing customer service including setting and meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
• Ability to learn to use department software; including, the online permitting and inspections system, Microsoft Office suite, and other software systems; ability to conduct research, data collection, statistical analysis, formulate conclusions and recommendations; assemble and organize data and prepare reports from such records.