A detailed list of job duties, essential functions and a full list of minimum and preferred qualifications and special requirements is available on our website.
Manages the activities of the Accounting Department to include general ledger accounting, accounts payable, billing, and payroll functions; manages the annual audit and financial reporting requirements; performs complex accounting tasks and analysis; coordinates accounting activities with other divisions and departments; serves as a leader, supervisor, project manager or key team member in accomplishing division initiatives.
This is a management-level position that reports to the Deputy Director of Finance and requires the ability to perform the full range of duties assigned with only occasional instruction or assistance. Overall goals are set and the worker determines the specific tasks and assignments to be performed, independently handling new, unusual problems and deviations encountered in the work.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
• At least five years progressively responsible professional accounting experience, including at least two years of supervisory experience.
• Or combination of education and experience as described above.
• Must possess and maintain a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) License issued by the Commonwealth of Virginia or be issued by a state with reciprocity.
• Must successfully pass a credit check.