Accountant III (Senior) – Social Services
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled.
Apply online at: www.charlottesville.org/jobs
Help the Charlottesville Department of Social Services deliver on its mission to join with the community in providing services that support meeting essential needs, promote self-sufficiency, and enhance the quality of life for all residents in our community. The Charlottesville Department of Social Services is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as a Senior Accountant who is highly motivated and who strives for success by demonstrating Charlottesville’s Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
Starting offer is based on applicable education, experience, and internal equity. The position also provides excellent benefits including 11 paid holidays, paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance options with employer contribution, employer-paid life insurance, City’s retirement options, and continuing education/training opportunities. This is a full-time, exempt, position.
The Senior Accountant with the Department of Social Services handles the financial reporting for all social services expenditures and supervises the accounting support specialist position. Under limited supervision performs highly complex, diversified accounting tasks for the department, and performs related work as required.
– Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field from an accredited college or university. (If no bachelor’s degree, minimally two years of undergraduate coursework with two years of highly related experience may be considered equivalent.)
– Minimum of five years of accounting experience.
– Extensive experience working within an enterprise resource planning (ERP), database, or similar accounting system required.
– Experience with SAP preferred;
– Experience with local government accounting preferred.
TO APPLY: to view a more complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.