The Town of Lovettsville is hiring for an Accountant with 2 years of experience and knowledge in local government public accounting. The accountant will be responsible for the prompt payment and management of the Town’s accounting and financial activities. Salary is negotiable. Please send Town Application and Resume/CV to Clerk@lovettsvilleva.gov.
• Manage all accounting transactions
• Prepare budget forecasts
• Publish financial statements in timely manner
• Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
• Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
• Audit financial transactions and documents
• Oversees collections and ensure the Town is operated within state laws and good accounting practices.
• Provides prompt deposit of Town funds, proper investment of Town funds including short and long-term borrowing, pays debt and interest charges and reconciles bank accounts in a timely fashion.
• Works with Town Manager and staff to prepare Town budgets and oversee the maintenance of effective budgetary controls including the encumbrances of purchases.
• Works with Town Manager and staff in preparing the annual and capital budgets and oversees the maintenance of effective budgetary controls including the encumbrance of purchases.
• Reports financial health and accounting information to Town Council.
• Work experience as an Accountant, similar experience in Finance
• Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Hands-on experience with accounting software like Harris and QuickBooks
• Advanced MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP and pivot tables
• Experience with general ledger functions
• Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
• BSc in Accounting or Finance or relevant degree
• Additional certification (CPA or CMA) is a plus