Absentee Security Specialist
Hanover County is seeking an administrative professional who is looking for an opportunity to work with an energetic group of election officials! As an Absentee Security Specialist, this person will work individually and with a support team, coordinating our vote by mail processes, and making history through efficient and secure elections in Hanover County.
General Description: Performs intermediate technical, digital and environmental security, and paraprofessional work with a focus on Absentee balloting processes and of specialized administrative tasks; does related work as required. Work in accordance with Title 24.2 of the Virginia Code and as directed by the County’s Director of Elections/General Registrar.
Essential Functions: (These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• The primary function is to qualify and facilitate the absentee balloting processes while maintaining high security levels for all elections. This includes ensuring the security of equipment and the voting process.
• Reviews security measures and standards set by the Department of Elections and the Department of Homeland Security.
• Assists with administrative support in an office; preparing and maintaining detailed, complex and/or highly confidential records and files; preparing reports; assisting the public.
• Assists the public with the completion of absentee applications, etc.; verifies completeness and accuracy of information.
• Coordinates and meets with citizens to educate them to the absentee balloting process.
• Prepares and maintains the security plan annually; assists with budget costs related to absentee voting and security.
• Reconciles annual absentee voter records and prepares statistical analysis for budgetary projections.
• Enters a variety of data into computer; verifies statistical and other records for accuracy and completeness; enters and retrieves sensitive and restricted information into the Virginia Election and Registration Information System (VERIS).
• Maintains inventories and orders supplies.
• Operates a variety of standard office equipment.
• Performs related tasks as required.
For more information or to apply for this position, please visit our career site at www.hanovercountyjobs.