911 Emergency Communicator
Do you want to be a First Responder? Do you want to have a direct impact in saving lives and serving our community? Have you ever thought about becoming a 911 Emergency Communicator? Consider applying for a career with the Harrisonburg-Rockingham Emergency Communications Center (HRECC). We are currently accepting applications and recruiting qualified candidates for current full-time openings and will create a hiring list for future full-time openings. Become a part of the HRECC team and be the vital link between the public needing assistance and the emergency service responder in the field!
Promotional opportunities and salary enhancements may be available within the first year of employment. The HRECC offers paid, on-the-job training for qualified candidates in our CALEA-accredited facility.
Daily tasks may include, but are not limited to:
– Receiving law enforcement, fire, EMS and other related services requests and calls.
– Operating radio, telephone, recording devices and computer terminals.
– Dispatching police, fire, EMS, and other emergency service personnel where needed.
– Receiving and forwarding service requests, complaints and other calls.
– Receiving and transmitting messages by radio.
– Operating telecomputer terminals.
– Preparing and maintaining public safety computer records.
Application Deadline/Requirements: All candidates must complete a City of Harrisonburg online employment application, including work experience and education history in the body of the application, by 5:00pm EST on Tuesday, October 4, 2022 in order to be considered for this recruitment process. More information related to the process is available on the City’s website.
The City provides an excellent full-time employee benefits package including health insurance, retirement (VRS & MissionSquare), life insurance, paid leave and holidays.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or veteran status.
The City of Harrisonburg & the HRECC are Equal Opportunity Employers.