eNews: Special Edition February 10, 2022Thursday, February 10, 2022 - 05:49pm
2022 Budget Amendments to Support:
Use the links below to view/download the one-page for each item.
Or, download all the items in a single PDF file here >.
Then contact your legislators to support these budget amendments!
- K-12 Teacher Salary Increase – Local Match Requirement
Localities already pay more than the State when salaries increase. They should not have to meet a minimum to access State funds.
- Fund Instructional Aide Positions within Public Schools
Localities have been paying a disproportionate amount. This needs to change!
- Eliminate the K-12 Support Cap
This “temporary” cap has been around for 13 years and is hurting schools. It’s long past time to remove it!
- State Assistance to Local Law Enforcement (HB 599 program)
The budget does not comply with the required funding for this program. These amendments ensure this essential program for localities is funded.
- Effective Implementation of Local CSA Programs
New regional consultants would provide technical assistance to local CSA programs and coordinators.
- Local CSA Program Administration
Funding for CSA administrative services helps localities administer the program on behalf of the State.
- Restore Jail Per Diem to FY11 Levels
Per diem payments haven’t changed in 12 years. Operating costs have increased, it’s time to increase these payments!
- Street Maintenance Funding
City road maintenance payments need to return to equal footing with VDOT’s own maintenance payments. These amendments are a good start.
- Street Maintenance Study
This study makes sense but funding it at the expense of local maintenance does not. These amendments correct the payment source.