Upcoming annual conferences
About the VML Annual Conference
Each fall about 1,000 local government officials, speakers and exhibitors attend the VML Annual Conference. The conference includes:
- General sessions featuring political leaders, nationally-known speakers and local government experts.
- Workshop sessions on a variety of local government issues.
- Business meeting focusing on the adoption of the annual VML legislative program and the election of officers for the upcoming year.
- The presentation of the annual achievement awards recognizing excellence in local government programs.
- The opportunity for networking with colleagues from across the state.
- Exhibit hall featuring the latest in products and services for local governments.
The VML Annual Conference is typically held in a single “conference” hotel or convention center. Because of the number of sleeping rooms needed, blocks of rooms also are set aside for VML participants at other hotels nearby. Bus or trolley transportation is generally provided between the overflow hotels and the main conference hotel.
Hotel reservation information is available from the league office. Call 804-649-8471.
A conference registration packet will be mailed to local elected officials and clerks. The packets, which include all necessary registration forms, also will be published in Virginia Town & City. Information on speakers, workshops, and activities at the conference is included in Virginia Town & City, eNews, and through individual mailings. Check back for more information about registration fees for members and non-members
Please let us know ideas you have on how to improve the annual conference! Maybe you know of a great speaker, or you think we should include a workshop on a particular idea. If you are interested in additional information about exhibiting at the conference, please contact Robert Bullington at firstname.lastname@example.org.