The 2020 Annual Conference will be held virtually October 7-8, 2020.
Please register before September 25th to ensure adequate mailing time for conference kits.
Exhibitor Registration closed on September 10.
What to expect
Although we will miss seeing everyone in person, VML is pulling out all the stops to make this year’s event the best it (virtually) can be! To accomplish this, VML is working with an experienced virtual event production company using the EventMobi platform. Attendees joining by smartphone, tablet or computer can look forward to a seamless, enjoyable, and productive event. Sponsors and exhibitors can expect opportunities to engage attendees to demonstrate the value of their services.
The 2-day event will cover the afternoon of October 7th and the morning of October 8th. Topics to be addressed during the conference include (but are not limited to):
- VML’s annual business meeting
- Financial good governance for localities
- Equity and diversity
- Emergency and crisis management
- New transportation legislation
- The Virginia Clean Energy Act
- Risk Management
- FOIA / COIA
- Some positive predictions from forward looking futurists
- Local Champion awards
- ….and more!
The full agenda with speakers, dates and times will be posted to this page when available.
A Norfolk state of mind!
While we can’t be all together in Norfolk (or anywhere) this year, that doesn’t mean we won’t have Norfolk on our minds as we plan and produce this year’s annual conference. Be on the lookout for Norfolk themes popping up all over the place (like this year’s nautical flag logo for starters).
Of course, we look forward to getting back to Norfolk at the Waterside Marriott in the fall of 2023!
Until then, here are some videos to remind us why Norfolk is such a great place to be:
- “When This Is Over” – get inspired by Norfolk city staff, officials and residents talking about how they are handling the pandemic and what they look forward to most after it’s all over.
- “Change Course” – a little something to whet your appetite for 2023 and the amazing event spaces Norfolk has to offer.
About the VML annual conference
Each fall hundreds of local government officials, speakers and exhibitors attend the VML Annual Conference. The conference includes:
- General sessions featuring political leaders and local government experts.
- Workshops covering a wide variety of important issues affecting local governments.
- The VML Annual Business meeting, which focuses on the adoption of the annual VML Policy Statements, Legislative Program, and the election of officers and executive committee members for the upcoming year.
- The presentation of awards recognizing excellence in local government programs.
- The opportunity to virtually network with others interested in local government issues.
Year round benefits, including annual conference sponsorship, are included beginning at the Gold Level of VML’s Community Business Member program. Learn more here >.
A la carte 2020 annual conference sponsorship opportunities will be posted here as soon as they become available. Stay tuned!
For additional information, please contact Sandra Harrington at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-523-8524.