Note: VML does not endorse any specific resources listed here; they are for informational purposes only. Localities should perform due diligence to ensure that a streaming resource will meet their needs.
- FaceBook Live
Viewers require a free Facebook account to post comments. (Free, includes ads)
Hubspot Facebook Live Guide
- GoToWebinar (included in FREE Emergency Remote Work Kits)
Focused on one-way presentations from the meeting controller to his/her audience, and has participation features limited to audio-only with no video
Live stream your virtual event online. Simultaneously live stream your events via Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, or RTMP (Real Time Messaging Protocol), straight from Vimeo — on the web or through the Vimeo mobile app.
- Webinarjam Broadcast to up to 5000 viewers
- YouTube Live
Viewers require a free Google account to post comments. Users may use an existing Google account, or they may create a new Google account (which may use ANY existing email address or may create a free Gmail address)
- Cisco Webex
The free Webex Meetings plan gives you meetings with 100 participants, HD video, screen sharing, and a personal room
- GoToMeeting (included in FREE Emergency Remote Work Kits)
Contains features to allow interactive participation in the meeting, via video conferencing, document and desktop sharing
A popular choice to use for virtual meetings
- Free Conferencing Corporation Host conference calls with up to 1,000 callers on-demand. FREE
- FreeConferenceCalling Host conference calls with up to 1,000 callers on-demand. FREE – Includes the ability to mute all callers and have callers “raise their hand” by entering a code on their phone. There is a limit of 50 callers on the free plan.
Emergency Remote Work Kits (3 months free)
- LogMeIn is offering (during the month of April), critical front-line service providers with free, organization-wide use of many LogMeIn products for 90 days through the offering of Emergency Remote Work Kits. Fill out the brief form here Contact and it may take up to 72 hours for them to contact you. While waiting, they offer 2 week free trials.
These kits will include:
- Solutions for meetings and video conferencing
- Virtual events
- IT support and management of remote employee devices and apps
- Remote access to devices in multiple locations
For example, the “Meet” Emergency Remote Work Kit will provide eligible organizations with a free site-wide license of GoToMeeting for 3 months. Eligible organizations include municipalities, health care providers, educational institutions, and non-profit organizations.
Combines Jive VOIP phone with GoToMeeting
Offers Meetings, Webinars, conference rooms, phone system, chat
Screen Recording Utilities
Capture your screen, voice, and face and instantly share your video in less time than it would take to type an email
Record, edit, and share desktop videos