U.S. Department of the Treasury:
- Final Rule (January 6, 2022) – Overview available here >.
SUMMARY: The Secretary of the Treasury (Treasury) is adopting as final the interim final rule
published on May 17, 2021, with amendments. This rule implements the Coronavirus State
Fiscal Recovery Fund and the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund established under the
American Rescue Plan Act.
DATES: Effective date: The provisions in this final rule are effective April 1, 2022
- Letter to the Department of Treasury in support of allowing utility assistance as an eligible use of CSLFRF (Letter dated September 15, 2021)
- State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund: Notification regarding Updated Timeline for Reporting (Sept. 30, 2021)
- States, territories, counties, and cities, and Tribal governments will report project and expenditure data next on January 31, 2022 (instead of Oct 31, 2021) . The first reporting deadline for NEUs will be April 30, 2022 (instead of Oct 31, 2021).
- All emails including the notification to NEUs are available here >.
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds FAQs (July 19, 2021)
- Update on Interpretation for the 75 Percent Budget Cap Calculation (June 30, 2021)
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds FAQs on Distribution of Funds to Non-entitlement Units of Local Government (June 7, 2021)
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds for Non-entitlement Units of Local Government (May 24, 2021)
- Interim Final Rule (May 10, 2021)
“The Secretary of the Treasury is issuing this Interim Final Rule to implement the Coronavirus State Fiscal Recovery Fund and the Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund established under the American Rescue Plan Act.”
- Portal for localities that will receive ARPA funds directly (May 10, 2021)
The link to the portal to be used by both counties and cities classified as Metropolitan Cities under the American Rescue Plan Act. Local governments designated as non-entitlement units will receive this funding from their applicable state government, not though this portal.
- FAQs for State and Local Relief Funds (May 10, 2021)
- Fact Sheet: Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (May 10, 2021)
Includes an overview as well as an expanded use of eligible uses.
- Quick Reference Guide
- Full Allocations Lists: Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (May 10, 2021)
- Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds website
“The American Rescue Plan will deliver $350 billion for eligible state, local, territorial, and Tribal governments to respond to the COVID-19 emergency and bring back jobs.”
- Capital Funds Project website
“The Coronavirus Capital Projects Fund (CCPF) will address many challenges laid bare by the pandemic, especially in rural America and low- and moderate-income communities, helping to ensure that all communities have access to the high-quality, modern infrastructure needed to thrive, including internet access.”
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (legislative text)
- Sign up for U.S. Treasury mailing list
- Help Is Here for You! – one-pager with instructions on accessing benefits under President Biden’s American Rescue Plan (April 23, 2021)
- Treasury: New website – please check regularly for updates (April 23, 2021)
- Treasury’s Small Business Programs page (April 23, 2021)
- Restaurant Relief Fund (April 23, 2021)
- Shuttered Venue Operator Grants (April 23, 2021)
- Closing Out Expenditures for the Coronavirus Relief Funds (October 18, 2021) – Letter to County and City Elected Officials from Secretary of Finance Joseph Flores
- Utility Service Disconnects May Resume Aug. 29 (July 1, 2021)
- Allocations of Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds to NonEntitlement Units of Government (NEU) Pursuant to the Federal American: Memo from Secretary Aubrey Layne to Local Officials of Non-Entitlement Units of Government (June 9, 2021)
- American Rescue Plan Act – ESSER III 90 Percent LEA Awards: Letter from James F. Lane, Ed.D., Superintendent of Public Instruction, to Division Superintendents (April 30, 2021)
National League of Cities
- NEW: Opportunities to invest in water infrastructure using state revolving funds.
- Join local elected officials from throughout the mid-Atlantic to learn about the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA): Opportunities to Invest in Water Infrastructure using State Revolving Funds.
Webinar, Tuesday, July 12, 2022, 9:30 am – 11:30 am.
Hosted by the National Association of Counties, National League of Cities and the Chesapeake Bay Program’s Local Government Advisory Committee, this webinar will provide an overview of the IIJA as a means to support water infrastructure and management, share current jurisdiction-specific plans and offer local government examples for funding.
This 2-hour workshop will address your questions about the IIJA and support the consideration of local projects that address long standing water infrastructure needs.
- ARPA Drinking Water Infrastructure Fact Sheet (September 14, 2021)
- ARPA Clean Water Infrastructure Fact Sheet (September 14, 2021)
VML eNews articles
- “Feds offer new SLRF guidance, more flexibility for American Rescue Plan lost revenue spending” (January 7, 2022)
- “VML’s “APRA Survey for Localities” results now available for members” (June 4, 2021)
- “Treasury releases guidance for Non-Entitlement Unit (NEU) funds” (May 25, 2021)
- “U.S. Treasury releases FAQs for State and Local Relief Funds” (May 11, 2021)
- “Portal for localities that will receive ARPA funds directly now available” (May 11, 2021)
- “Tell your senators and delegates: If the General Assembly waits to meet, some local governments may not receive ARPA funds until after July 1” by Neal Menkes (May 10, 2021)
- “U.S. Department of the Treasury releases ARPA guidance!” by VML Staff (May 10, 2021)
- “VML pushing for state-local APRA work group” by VML Staff (May 7, 2021)
- “A deep dive into ARPA’s Coronavirus Local Fiscal Recovery Fund…and how to prepare for your disbursement!” by VML Staff (April 30, 2021)
- Loudoun County: Spending plan for first tranche of the Local Fiscal Recovery Fund money (June 15, 2021)
- Fairfax County: Virginia Restaurant Lodging and Travel Association Applauds Fairfax County for Approving 11% of Relief Budget for Tourism Recovery (June 8, 2021 press release)
- Loudoun County: ARPA plan action item (June 8, 2021)
- Multiple organizations (including VRLTA and VML): American Rescue Plan: Opportunities for Hospitality Industry Relief & Recovery
- Fairfax County: Authorization to Establish the PIVOT Business Recovery Grant Program (June 8, 2021 Board agenda item)
VML Member Content (for officials and staff from VML member localities)
Login to your VML account here to access the below resources:
- VRLTA: 2021 Local Government ARP Hospitality and Tourism Relief Recommendations (June 2, 2021 presentation)
- VML / McGuireWoods Consulting: Eligible Water and Wastewater Projects in the State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund (June 30, 2021)
- VML: Requirements for Non-Entitlement Units (NEUs) Webinar (June 11, 2021)
- VML / McGuireWoods Consulting: Uses of Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (June 10, 2021)
- Virginia Restaurant, Lodging, & Travel Association: Hospitality and Tourism Relief Recommendations for Local Governments (June 2, 2021)
- National League of Cities: Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Fund Guidance (May 19, 2021)